Friday, November 16th beginning at 12 pm Dan Morgan will lead a workshop discussing his pre-circulated paper “André Bazin, Film Theory, and Modernism”. The workshop will take place at UNC Chapel Hill in Dey Hall Room 403A. Click here for a copy of the pre-circulated paper.
- ROBIN VISSER (UNC-Chapel Hill): “Shadow Plays and Queer Enlightenments in Stanley Kwan’s Lan Yu”
- Inga Pollmann (UNC-Chapel Hill): “The Lives of a Salamander: Temporalities in/of the Cinema”
- Rick Warner (English and Comparative Literature, UNC Chapel Hill): “Filming a Miracle: Contemplative Strategies from Dreyer to Reygadas”
- Workshop with Dan Morgan: “André Bazin, Film Theory, and Modernism”
- Lecture November 15th: Dan Morgan (University of Pittsburgh) “Film, Philosophy, Fantasy: Camera Movements and The Problem of Point of View”